“Shark Tank” pitch style, impact competition webinar
Join Lion’s Den on 27 May to vote for your favorite African entrepreneur innovating against COVID-19. The session is part of Africa.com’s ongoing webinar series, Crisis Management for African Business Leaders, developed with faculty from Harvard Business School.
Brilliant African Innovations Against COVID-19 is a pitch competition to showcase and support African entrepreneurs who, in the last six weeks, have developed solutions to support Africa’s fight against the coronavirus. Entries are evaluated primarily on their impact against the virus and the viability of delivering the product or service.
Entrepreneurs will “pitch” their ideas, and will be questioned by a judging panel comprised of a seasoned group of African innovation experts. In addition, the audience will judge each entrepreneur’s presentation and register their views through live polling.
The winner will receive
- Cash prize of $500
- One-on-one mentorship session with a Harvard Business School professor
- Media package worth $5,000
The judges for the competition include:
- Juliet Ehimuan, Country Director, Google Nigeria
- Andile Ngcaba, Founding Partner and Chairman, Convergence Partners
- Eric Osiakwan, Managing Partner, Chanzo Capital
- Adrian Vermooten, Head of Digital Africa Regions, Standard Bank
If you have not yet registered to attend the webinar, or for more information on Lion’s Den, visit VirtualConferenceAfrica.com.